17 Hulyo 2014

from the collection The Haunted Future
Blake Ritter
from the collection Rear Window
Jordi Huisman


I've wanted to return to a longer piece I've been working on. Lars' father happens to be an engineer (who builds, among other things, houses for his children) so I'm keen on introducing myself to begin some of the (much delayed) research.

Houses (abandoned, built close together, etc) fascinate me. I want to write stories exploring the way we build houses and how proximity destroys (or creates) relationships. I think space (both as an integral part of form, as in how the page looks, as in the spaces between, as in what is said and what isn't said, as in long paragraphs) and my queer relationship with people who either get too close or not close enough merit at least one story. Or two.

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento